Quick Escape Button
This button is here to allow you to quickly leave this website if you are concerned that it could be an issue should someone know that you are seeking this kind of information. It cannot prevent another person from going through your browser history or from knowing you were on this website if they are monitoring your device or internet activity remotely.
Formerly known as Phoenix House.
Escape the violence.
Catholic Charities Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Program provides services to anyone faced with these issues through a 24-hour crisis phone line, emergency shelter, court advocacy, empowerment education, support groups, and outreach to under-served populations. We also work in area schools offering prevention programming.
Catholic Charities Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Program serves nine counties in southwest Iowa: Audubon, Cass, Fremont, Harrison, Mills, Montgomery, Page, Pottawattamie, and Shelby.
What should I do if I have been sexually assaulted?
What should I do if I’m a victim of domestic violence?
24-Hour Crisis Line
Free and confidential help is available 24/7. The 24-hour crisis phone line, staffed by Catholic Charities fully trained volunteers and staff, is here to provide help and support. If you are experiencing abuse, harassment, or harm from your partner, help is available. Services are available to anyone impacted by sexual violence, including survivors and friends and family of survivors.
Call 712-328-0266 or toll free 888-612-0266
Iowa Victim Call Center: 1-800-770-1650 or text ‘IOWAHELP’ to 20121
IA Deaf & Hard of Hearing Crisis Hotline:
- Available Monday-Friday 8am – 5pm
- Video Phone/Phone: (319) 531-7719
- Text Only: (515) 661-4015
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- After hours, evenings, & weekends: (855) 812-1001
The shelter provides safe, confidential living for up to eight families at a time. A large outdoor playground and an indoor playroom allow children a place where they can be kids, away from the fear of violence in their home.
Classes & Support Groups
We facilitate support groups and educational classes in domestic violence, providing a safe place for victims to tell their stories and receive the support and assistance they are in need of. Click here to see class descriptions and schedules.
- Journey Beyond Abuse – Click here for information about our Spanish Language meetings.
- All classes are offered to the community for victims/survivors of domestic abuse and/or sexual assault.
- Classes are FREE of charge.
- Free childcare is offered during the class (only in Council Bluffs location.)
- Please call 712-328-0266 or 1-888-612-0266 for an intake or any questions.