A place to call home.
Catholic Charities Emergency Family Shelter keeps homeless families together during a very difficult time in their lives.
Our experienced staff understands that homelessness is not a simple issue. While each family is expected to follow the same rules and expectations at the shelter, they are all provided individualized case management. The goal is to help each family leave the shelter with stable housing, financial stability, and empowerment to live a successful, sustainable life.
Are you in need of shelter?
All families seeking shelter should contact Primary Healthcare Outreach, the Centralized Intake agency in our community.
515-248-1850 1200 University Ave #120, Des Moines, IA 50314
Donate to Shelter
Donations are accepted on Mondays and Wednesdays from 1:00pm – 3:00pm.
Catholic Charities Emergency Family Shelter accepts the following items ONLY.
- To shop directly from our Amazon Wishlist, Click HERE. All items will be shipped directly to the Catholic Charities Emergency Family Shelter
- Be sure to select the Shelter from the choices on the left hand side.
- Cleaning supplies
- Kitchen items (plates, bowls, silverware, mugs, napkins, children eating utensils/dishes)
- NEW toddler pullups 4t-5t
- NEW pillows and XL sheets/blankets
**PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT ACCEPT CLOTHING, TOYS, FOOD, ELECTRONICS OF ANY KIND, OR FURNITURE**
USDA Non-Discrimination Statement
Catholic Charities Food Pantry upholds the USDA Nondiscrimination Statement. The statement can be read here: https://www.usda.gov/non-discrimination-statement