Someone to talk to.
Stress and anxiety are part of our daily lives, but what do you do when it gets to be too much? Professional therapy is one way to work through stress and anxiety, and the therapists in Catholic Charities Counseling Program provide the insight and support needed to manage life problems in a more productive way.
Our licensed, professional therapists work with clients of all faiths and backgrounds to address issues including depression, anxiety, stress, marital issues, relationship problems, child behavior problems, trauma, abuse, and more. We specialize in treating couples and families, with a focus on observing the patterns among family members and helping each member to make changes in how they relate to one another.
- Therapy is available in Des Moines, Ankeny, and Council Bluffs.
- School-based therapy at Dowling Catholic High School and select metro Catholic elementary schools.
- All major insurance plans are accepted.
- For those without insurance therapy is provided on a sliding fee scale that is based on income and family size.
Family Mental Health Plan
Have you considered how prepared you are for mental health needs in your family. Click here to download our Family Mental Health Plan worksheet to guide you through the process!
If you or someone you know are interested in talking with a therapist, contact Catholic Charities Counseling today.
To schedule an appointment in Des Moines:
- call 515-237-5045 or email email@example.com
To schedule in Council Bluffs:
- call 712-328-3086
You may print and fill out the following forms to bring along to your first appointment. This will save time when you arrive. If you have questions about any of the forms, you may call our front desk at 515-237-5045.
- Counseling Intake Forms – English (all new English-speaking clients must complete)
- Counseling Intake Forms – Spanish (all new Spanish-speaking clients must complete)
- Conseling Insurance Forms (all clients with insurance must complete)
- Catholic Charities Client Handbook (print and keep for your records)
- Release of Information Form (to be used if you are coordinating care with another provider)
- Consent for Treating Minors Form (to be completed by parents of any client under the age of 18)
Meet Our Therapists
|Neseriani (Nese) Larsen, L.I.S.W. (Des Moines office and area schools) graduated from Aurora University in Illinois in 2008 with an MSW (Masters in Social Work). She has experience using child-centered play therapy through her work with early intervention and treatment for autism spectrum disorder and children with disabilities. She incorporates the CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) framework as well as integrative health practices such as mindfulness techniques and yoga. Nese sees clients in our downtown office and in area schools. To contact Nese, call 515-237-5093 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Carol Mensink, L.M.S.W., (Des Moines office and area schools) graduated from University of Northern Iowa with her Masters in Social Work. Carol works with children ages 5+, adolescents, and adults. Carol has experience working with a range of concerns and specializes in Trauma Informed Care, strength based therapy, Cognitive Behavior Therapy, (CBT) and play therapy techniques such as stories, art and games allowing children to express themselves at their own pace in a safe and relaxed environment. Carol is trained as an Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (MDR) Therapist. Carol works with clients to treat grief and loss, depression, anxiety, LGBTQ issues, sexual assault, domestic violence and more. Carol sees clients in our downtown office and in area schools. To speak with Carol, call 515-237-5023 or email email@example.com.|
|Pat Curran, L.I.S.W, (Council Bluffs Office) has been with Catholic Charities in the Council Bluffs office for almost 20 years. She has completed a certificate program through the Meninger Clinic on Marriage and Family Therapy and is a trained sex offender treatment provider.
Call for an appointment today – 712-328-3086