Someone to talk to.
Stress and anxiety are part of our daily lives, but what do you do when it gets to be too much? Professional therapy is one way to work through stress and anxiety, and the therapists in Catholic Charities Counseling Program provide the insight and support needed to manage life problems in a more productive way.
Our licensed, professional therapists work with clients of all faiths and backgrounds to address issues including depression, anxiety, stress, marital issues, relationship problems, child behavior problems, trauma, abuse, and more. We specialize in treating couples and families, with a focus on observing the patterns among family members and helping each member to make changes in how they relate to one another.
- Therapy is available in Des Moines, Ankeny, and Council Bluffs.
- School-based therapy at Dowling Catholic High School and select metro Catholic elementary schools.
- All major insurance plans are accepted.
- For those without insurance therapy is provided on a sliding fee scale that is based on income and family size.
If you or someone you know are interested in talking with a therapist, contact Catholic Charities Counseling today.
To schedule an appointment in Des Moines:
- call 515-237-5045 or email email@example.com
- en Español, llame al 515-237-5018
To schedule in Council Bluffs:
- call 712-328-3086
You may print and fill out the following forms to bring along to your first appointment. This will save time when you arrive. If you have questions about any of the forms, you may call our front desk at 515-237-5045.
- Counseling Intake Forms – English (all new English-speaking clients must complete)
- Counseling Intake Forms – Spanish (all new Spanish-speaking clients must complete)
- Conseling Insurance Forms (all clients with insurance must complete)
- Catholic Charities Client Handbook (print and keep for your records)
- Release of Information Form (to be used if you are coordinating care with another provider)
- Consent for Treating Minors Form (to be completed by parents of any client under the age of 18)
Meet Our Therapists
|Sharon Bandstra, L.I.S.W, (Des Moines Office and Ankeny) has more than 35 years experience in counseling. She does individual, couples and family counseling . She specializes in relationship issues, anxiety, stress, depression, child behavior problems, marital conflict, grief/loss, trauma/PTSD, and stressors in all life situations. To speak with Sharon directly, call 515-237-5024 or email firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Harmony Linden, L.I.S.W. (Des Moines Office) has more than 5 years of experience in mental health. She is trained in trauma-informed care, and Bowen Family Systems Theory. She has experience working with adults and children of all ages in individual, couples and family therapy sessions. To speak with Harmony directly, call 515-237-5022 or email at email@example.com|
|Amanda Wentworth-Puentes, MA, LMHC (Des Moines and Dowling High School Offices) has 5 years of experience as a therapist. Amanda graduated from University of Northern Iowa with her Master’s in Mental Health Counseling. She is trained in trauma-informed care, CBT, and EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing). She has experience working with children, teens, and adults in outpatient, school-based, and residential settings. To speak to Amanda directly, call 515-237-5023 or email firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Betty Mond, (Des Moines Office) is a bilingual therapist and works primarily with the Hispanic population. Originally from Argentina, Mond has experience in private practice, the hospital setting, and a large portion of her work is with stress and grief experienced by immigrants.
Se encuentra disponible en Caridades Católicas Center for Life Counseling, una consejera que habla español, para asuntos de familia, de pareja o individual. Para más información o para hacer una cita, llame al 515-237-5018.
|Pat Curran, L.I.S.W, (Council Bluffs Office) has been with Catholic Charities in the Council Bluffs office for almost 20 years. She has completed a certificate program through the Meninger Clinic on Marriage and Family Therapy and is a trained sex offender treatment provider.
Call for an appointment today – 712-328-3086