Someone to talk to.
Stress and anxiety are part of our daily lives, but what do you do when it gets to be too much? Professional therapy is one way to work through stress and anxiety, and the therapists in Catholic Charities Counseling Program provide the insight and support needed to manage life problems in a more productive way.
Our licensed, professional therapists work with clients of all faiths and backgrounds to address issues including depression, anxiety, stress, marital issues, relationship problems, child behavior problems, trauma, abuse, and more. We specialize in treating couples and families, with a focus on observing the patterns among family members and helping each member to make changes in how they relate to one another.
- Therapy is available in Des Moines, Ankeny, and Council Bluffs.
- School-based therapy at Dowling Catholic High School and select metro Catholic elementary schools.
- All major insurance plans are accepted.
- For those without insurance therapy is provided on a sliding fee scale that is based on income and family size.
Family Mental Health Plan
Have you considered how prepared you are for mental health needs in your family. Click here to download our Family Mental Health Plan worksheet to guide you through the process!
If you or someone you know are interested in talking with a therapist, contact Catholic Charities Counseling today.
To schedule an appointment in Des Moines:
- call 515-237-5045 or email email@example.com
To schedule in Council Bluffs:
- call 712-328-3086
You may print and fill out the following forms to bring along to your first appointment. This will save time when you arrive. If you have questions about any of the forms, you may call our front desk at 515-237-5045.
- Counseling Intake Forms – English (all new English-speaking clients must complete)
- Counseling Intake Forms – Spanish (all new Spanish-speaking clients must complete)
- Counseling Insurance Forms (all clients with insurance must complete)
- Catholic Charities Client Handbook (print and keep for your records)
- Release of Information Form (to be used if you are coordinating care with another provider)
- Consent for Treating Minors Form (to be completed by parents of any client under the age of 18)
Meet Our Therapists
|Ann Grant, MA, LMHC (Des Moines office and area schools) I have been practicing therapy since 1997. I come to Catholic Charities with a variety of experience from different areas around the country including San Francisco and Kansas City. I graduated from the University of San Francisco while working at the University of California, San Francisco at San Francisco General Hospital. I am certified in Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for both Children and Adults. I have a significant experience in working with couples, families (from a system perspective) trauma informed care, transitional issues, and chronically mentally ill.
My approach to therapy is a personable one and I work to understand the underlying causes of current issues to be able to approach an ideal treatment to the symptoms. The therapeutic relationship is a collaborative one, and together issues can be resolved.
I believe sensory issues can be a benefit to addressing symptoms to assist the client in feeling an increasingly calming sense allowing them to more effectively address issues that are troubling them.
I invite you to contact Stella at firstname.lastname@example.org today and begin on your journey to a healthier sense of self.
|Pat Curran, L.I.S.W, (Council Bluffs Office) has been with Catholic Charities in the Council Bluffs office for almost 20 years. She has completed a certificate program through the Meninger Clinic on Marriage and Family Therapy and is a trained sex offender treatment provider.
Call for an appointment today – 712-328-3086