CATHOLIC CHARITIES – DES MOINES
Director of Programs
In this position you will have direct programmatic oversight of all community-based programs, including counseling, poverty reduction, refugee resettlement, and domestic violence/sexual assault.
As part of the leadership team, the Director of Programs provides strategic, tactical, and transformative leadership and ensures the creation, implementation and integration of programs in alignment with Catholic Charities mission, core values, and strategic direction. This position plays a key role in meeting agency goals for accreditation, compliance, data analysis and reporting.
The ideal candidate will have a master’s degree in the areas of psychology, sociology, social work, public administration, 5-10 years’ experience managing non-profit or human services programs, collaborative leadership skills, and familiarity with local, state, and federal regulations that govern program provisions. Community organizing experience, strong communication skills, experience with staff supervision, experience with grants, practicing Catholic and understanding of Catholic Social Teaching preferred. State of Iowa License of Social Work (LISW) also preferred
To apply click here.
CATHOLIC CHARITIES – DES MOINES
Emergency Family Shelter
Shelter Staff (part-time)
Part-time shelter staff position needed to work overnight and weekend-evening shifts at our family emergency shelter. In conjunction with other shelter staff, primary responsibilities will be to create a safe and supportive environment for shelter clients, enforce shelter rules, maintain proper documentation, clean and sanitize rooms and public areas, meet all requirements for basic standards of housing, provide crisis intervention and attend meetings and training as required. Must be dependable and adhere to all organization policies and regulations as specified by Catholic Charities and the State of Iowa.
To apply, click here.
CATHOLIC CHARITIES – COUNCIL BLUFFS
Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Program
Shelter Advocate (part-time)
Part-time weekend and overnight positions available.
Provides support to women and children staying at the Phoenix House. Maintains security of the Phoenix House. Assists in the maintenance and upkeep of the shelter facility. Assists families in communal living. Assists with de-escalation and stabilization of critical situations during evening and weekend hours.
As part of the recruiting process you will need to answer the following questions together with your cover letter and resume.
- What does it mean to you to be an Advocate for survivors of domestic violence or sexual assault?
- Why is confidentiality important when providing services to survivors of domestic violence or sexual assault?
- Conflict management is an integral skill for Shelter Advocates. Please describe your style of dealing with conflict in the workplace:
– Between yourself and a client
– Between yourself and a co-worker
– Facilitating conflict between clients
- Working in a domestic violence shelter and sexual abuse program requires effective ‘triage’ of priorities and the ability to multitask. Please describe a work/volunteer experience where you were required to use these skills.