To see all of our employment opportunities, go to https://catholiccharitiesdm.bamboohr.com/jobs/
CATHOLIC CHARITIES – DES MOINES
Mental Health Therapist
Come join an outstanding team of professionals who share a passion for empowering individuals and strengthening families! Catholic Charities, Diocese of Des Moines is currently accepting applications for a licensed, or temporary licensed therapist to join our team! Our therapists are master’s level mental health professionals that specialize in treating children, adolescents and adults to provide the highest level of care for individuals and families.
- Provides quality mental health counseling services in a confidential, caring, and supportive environment
- Builds and maintains a caseload schedule that is conducive to appropriate clinical service productivity standards
- Completes diagnostic assessments and formulate treatment plans
- Designs and implements treatment plans reflective of individual/child/family needs
- Master’s degree from accredited social work, mental health counseling, or marriage and family therapy program. Clinical licensure at temporary or independent level: Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW) Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), or LMFT preferred.
- Ability to work in a positive and cooperative fashion
- Bilingual English-Spanish preferred, not required
To apply, click here.
CATHOLIC CHARITIES – COUNCIL BLUFFS
Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Program
Shelter Advocate (part-time)
Part-time weekend and overnight positions available.
Provides support to women and children staying at the Phoenix House. Maintains security of the Phoenix House. Assists in the maintenance and upkeep of the shelter facility. Assists families in communal living. Assists with de-escalation and stabilization of critical situations during evening and weekend hours.
As part of the recruiting process you will need to answer the following questions together with your cover letter and resume.
- What does it mean to you to be an Advocate for survivors of domestic violence or sexual assault?
- Why is confidentiality important when providing services to survivors of domestic violence or sexual assault?
- Conflict management is an integral skill for Shelter Advocates. Please describe your style of dealing with conflict in the workplace:
– Between yourself and a client
– Between yourself and a co-worker
– Facilitating conflict between clients
- Working in a domestic violence shelter and sexual abuse program requires effective ‘triage’ of priorities and the ability to multitask. Please describe a work/volunteer experience where you were required to use these skills.