Formerly known as Phoenix House.
Escape the violence.
Sometimes the victim is the last one to know they need or deserve help. Catholic Charities Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Program provides services to anyone faced with these issues through a 24-hour crisis phone line, emergency shelter, court advocacy, empowerment education, support groups, and outreach to under-served populations. We also work in area schools offering prevention programming.
Catholic Charities Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Program serves nine counties in southwest Iowa: Audubon, Cass, Fremont, Harrison, Mills, Montgomery, Page, Pottawattamie, and Shelby.
24-Hour Crisis Line
The 24-hour crisis phone line, staffed by fully trained volunteers and staff, provides support to individuals involved in violent relationships as well as people who have been sexually abused.
Call 712-328-0266 or toll free at 888-612-0266.
Not in SW Iowa? Call: 1-800-284-7821 or go to the Iowa Sexual Abuse Hotline
IA Deaf & Hard of Hearing Hotline: V/VP: 319-531-7719 • Text Only: 515-661-4015 • Email: help@DIAAIowa.org
The shelter provides safe, confidential living for up to eight families at a time. A large outdoor playground and an indoor playroom allow children a place where they can be kids, away from the fear of violence in their home.
Classes & Support Groups
We facilitate support groups and educational classes in domestic violence, providing a safe place for victims to tell their stories and receive the support and assistance they are in need of. Click here to see class descriptions and schedules.
- Survivor Link – Survivor Link welcomes all individuals that self-identify as a survivor of sexual violence, age 13 or older, to be a part of this committee. Participants can be previous or current clients of Catholic Charities but are not required to be. Click here to learn more.
- All classes are offered to the community for victims/survivors of domestic abuse and/or sexual assault.
- Classes are FREE of charge.
- Free childcare is offered during the class (only in Council Bluffs location.)
- Please call 712-328-0266 or 1-888-612-0266 for an intake or any questions.